You can easily recover from an abusive and toxic relationship. You can sleep soundly at night knowing that you are free from the abuser. Since you moved on already, abusive ex-spouses/ex-boyfriends have difficulty letting go of the past, depending on the emotional impact. They can not accept the fact that it is over, later on they will seek revenge and will turn out to be stalkers!
- They will harass and intimidate you.
- They will monitor your activities.
- They will text you and threat you.
- They will bad mouth you.
- They will turn stories around.
- They will stalk you in social media.
- They will follow you around.
- They will find ways to bring you down.
- They wouldn’t want to see you happy.
- They will scare you off.
How to deal with it:
- Pray for guidance and your safety.
- Inform your family and friends about it.
- Don’t be afraid go on with your life.
- Keep your distance.
- Ignore any form of communication.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Hide all personal information.
- Block the stalker in social media.
- Report threats to the police.
This is alarming and disturbing behavior that anyone would experience. Since you are in your right mind and you have a better understanding, hope and pray that this person will come to their senses and move on quietly with their lives. When you think about it nothing good will come out from this. On the positive note, we can all learn from the mistakes we made in past, and from these we can be a better judgement of character next time around.